Company: Arizona State University
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 07/21/2021
Expire Date: 09/21/2021
Job Categories: Other
Arizona State University
UTO Salesforce Dev Engineering
ASU, a leading innovator in Higher Education, is looking for a dynamic individual to join our Integrations Engineering team in creating solutions for the University Technology Office (UTO). As part of the UTO, the Integrations Developer will contribute to the effective development, deployment, and management of platforms used to share data between both internal and external systems at ASU. This position will have a focus on the Salesforce CRM platform, allowing external data to be brought into Salesforce and existing data to be surfaced in other applications. By utilizing cutting edge technologies such as Salesforce, MuleSoft and AWS, this role will play a large part in allowing data to become more accessible by other areas of the university. ASU’s University Technology Office has over 500 employees, offering a variety of career paths in a high-energy working environment. The technology initiatives we’re engaged in are transformative and unprecedented in Higher Education. Consider taking the step and joining the Sun Devil family!
Responsible for software analysis, design, development, documentation, defect resolution, and implementation of Integrations and APIs using MuleSoft Anypoint Platform, AWS Integration Technologies, and associated software applications.
This position will have a strong emphasis on integrating with the Salesforce CRM platform. Types of integrations range from moving data to and from the Salesforce platform utilizing various source systems within the university, as well as the maintenance of existing applications and services.
While the work is heavily MuleSoft focused, it is not an exclusive MuleSoft developer position as we are embracing AWS and other technology platforms.
As with everyone in the UTO family, culture and communications are core responsibilities in this role.
Depends one experience
• Design, develop, test, and support integrations and APIs which utilize AWS integration services such as SNS/SQS, Lambda functions, API Gateway, AWS Step functions, and AWS Event Bridge.
• Design, develop, test, and support integrations and APIs which utilize Mulesoft Enterprise Service Bus and are built using Anypoint Studio.
• Provide technical analysis to support requested modifications from business users.
• Work with team members to troubleshoot problems, research solutions, and implement fixes related to APIs and Integrations.
• Prepares, promotes, and adheres to written procedures, system specifications, programming guidelines, and other necessary documentation.
• Proficient with instances such as Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server, PostgresQL, or other relational databases. Works with SSIS packages, stored procedures, and SQL to access, manipulate, and move necessary data.
• Create integrations that will move and surface data in the Salesforce CRM platform utilizing source systems such as Peoplesoft, Workday, internal applications, etc.
• Take responsibility for fostering culture, advancing our values, and championing engagement in all its forms -- collaborating across our teams as well as participating in UTO/ASU events and programs.
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field AND four (4) years experience providing information technology services; OR, Eight (8) years experience providing related information technology services, OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Certificates from recognized programs that indicate mastery tools and techniques relevant to the assignment may substitute for up to six months of experience.
• Experience with integration and API development using REST and GraphQL.
• Experience in maintaining technical skills in relevant integration areas such as Dataweave, JMS, JSON, XML, XQuery, and XPath.
• Experience in Java development skills. Knowledge of or experience with container technologies including but not limited to Docker and Kubernetes.
• Experience in building and packaging containerized applications written in Java, Go, Python, and/or Node.js
• Experience in building and managing CI/CD pipelines using Git, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, NPM, PIP, Terraform, Vault, Docker, Helm, and/or comparable toolsets.
• Experience with automated unit, integration, and end-to-end testing.
• Evidence of Mulesoft and/or AWS developer certification.
• DynamoDB, MongoDB, or other NoSQL database experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of or practical experience developing in AWS using Lambda, API Gateway, ECS/EKS, ECR, RDS, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, S3, CloudFront, SES, CloudWatch, Secrets Manager, KMS, and IAM.
• Experience integrating with large enterprise applications such as PeopleSoft, Salesforce, Canvas, Workday, ServiceNow, Slack, and Jira.
• Experience in modeling empathy, compassion and emotional intelligence
• Experience hiring in a values-led organization, emphasizing diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
• Experience in helping foster a safe psychological space for all teammates where everyone can thrive
• Experience in stimulating changes in individual, institutional, and corporate behaviors to create a more sustainable environment
• Experience in leading by example in communicating, participating and encouraging support of the institution’s sustainability programs
• Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse.
• Frequently required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work.
• Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds.
• Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
• Clearly communicate to perform essential functions
The University Technology Office (UTO) embraces its role as both an enabler and catalyst for advancing the vision and work of the New American University. We are a values-driven organization. Our commitments are reflected in all of the work we do in pursuit of operational excellence, the experience and delight of our community, and our strategic and innovation initiatives.
Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU UTO will not be a sponsor for this position.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id# 69656BR or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&PageType=JobDetails&jobid=4304360
Company Name: Arizona State University
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.