E. DEWEY SMITH Sr Pastor Of The House Of Hope In Atlanta Releases Anointed Single "Your Presence Is A Gift"
Posted By: LaMarr Blackmon on May 17, 2021 |
New Single “Your Presence is A Gift “(available now at all digital
Record Label: Pebble Street Records
o Official Website: www.edeweysmith.org
o Instagram: @edeweysmith
o Twitter: @edeweysmith
o Facebook: @officialedeweysmith
Key Background Points
• Dr. E. Dewey Smith is the Senior Pastor/Teacher of The House of Hope Atlanta and The
House of Hope Macon–one church in two locations–with a membership roll of more than
• He is a proud native of Macon, GA., he has been a minister of the gospel for 33+ years.
Began preaching ministry at age 17 and his pastoral ministry at age 19
Smith is married to the lovely, former Andrea Smith, his best friend of over 30 years.
They have been blessed with two sons: Kamari & Kylen
• Alumni of Morehouse College, in Atlanta, GA
• Member of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
• Obtained Master of Science degree from Amridge University in Montgomery, AL
• Obtained Doctor of Ministry degree from the United Theological Seminary in Dayton,
• He has produced media /film for over 25 years. He served as a co-host on the first
daytime, faith-based panel talk show, produced by Warner Brothers in Burbank,
• Inducted into the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Board of Preachers at Morehouse College
as a “Distinguished Preacher.”
• Served on the Board of Directors for the Morehouse School of Religion as well as the
United Theological Seminary and Bible College in Monroe, LA
Community Involvement/ Initiatives
• Throughout his ministry he has been heavily involved in prison reform, re-entry
programs, human services and community development
• In 2013, Dr. Smith launched The Tabitha's House, a non-profit organization that provides
housing, counseling and support to young girls rescued from human trafficking. His
congregation is one of the few churches in the nation that owns a resource center and two
residences that house and empower victims of human trafficking.
• Dr. Smith opened The Haven House, a fully staffed, professional and licensed counseling
center that addresses the emotional and mental health concerns of people in the
If you enjoyed this article, Join HBCU CONNECT today for similar content and opportunities via email!
More From This Author
|Las Vegas Smooth Operator BIGG FEVA Releases Hot Single/Video "Make Me Feel Like" Just In Time For Summer|
|Philly Born & ATL Bred R&B Talent T'MELLE Is Back With Infectious 2nd Single "Work 4 It" Available Now!|