Curriculum Development Manager
Posted By: Reggie Culpepper on January 18, 2022 |
Green Our Planet seeks a Curriculum Development Manager (CDM) to oversee the updating of existing and development of new curriculum. This is a REMOTE full time position.
Reporting to the Curriculum and Professional Development Manager (C&PDM), the CDM leads all day-to-day curriculum writing, editing and proofreading. Responsibilities also include developing curriculum that can be turned into video or eLearning lessons. They will have operational responsibility for Green Our Planet cadres and will manage a group of experts/curriculum writers. They will provide leadership to ensure projects are completed on time.
What You Will Do
● Work in a highly collaborative environment to design, create, test and redesign curriculum that will reach tens of thousands of teachers and students around the country.
● Create learning activities and course content to enhance knowledge retention and engagement in the areas but not limited to STEM, nutrition, conservation, social and emotional learning lessons.
● Deliver presentations to academic classes and student groups in person and via video conference platforms.
● Hire and manage cadres of teachers to help write the curricula.
● Work with cadres of teachers to test curricula to get feedback and iterate curricula.
What You Will Bring
● You will be inspired by our mission and purpose. Experiential education, project-based learning, and working in a professional and collaborative environment motivate you.
● You have experience creating a culturally responsive curriculum that meets the needs of diverse student populations.
● You’re experienced, creative, and innovative. You have experience in writing training or development materials, and the opportunity to create unique and inventive curriculum excites you.
● You excel at communication and collaboration. You have confidence contributing to a creative vision and proven ability to work with others to realize that vision.
● You thrive in a dynamic environment, managing multiple projects, and stay up to date with the technological requirements of online learning.
● You’re an experienced educator, have a robust understanding, and are committed to educators’ needs, classroom dynamics, and development of K-12 students.
● You have experience working with students from a range of ethnic and linguistic backgrounds
● You have proficiency with MS Office Suite and other common platforms (web browsers, Canvas, Trello, etc.).
Salary - $55,000 plus bonus
Green Our Planet offers a competitive benefits package including:
17 days Paid time off
6 paid holidays + Christmas and Thanksgiving week
Professional development assistance
6-weeks of paid parental leave
Email your writing sample, cover letter and resume (as one combined PDF document) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please format the subject line of your email as follows: Your Last Name, Position Title.
No phone calls please.
Green Our Planet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all qualified applicants regardless of gender, race, age, sexuality or disability. We are committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse students and communities we serve.
Click this link to view and apply for this job!
If you enjoyed this article, Join HBCU CONNECT today for similar content and opportunities via email!
More From This Author
|Delaware State University Names Early Childhood Education Leader as Head of Early Childhood Innovation Center|
|Republic Airways contributes scholarship funds to advance TSU Aviation Science Management, Professional Pilot degree programs|
|Virginia State University 2022 Grad Who Battled Homelessness And Abuse Now Headed For Ivy League Degree|
Latest Career Content
Popular Career Content