|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
|Scientist - Cancer Companion Diagnostics (CDx)|
Location: Carpinteria, CA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 02/02/2021
Expire Date: 10/09/2021
Job Categories: Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Manufacturing and Production, Military, Science, Research & Development, Medical, Energy / Utilities
Scientist - Cancer Companion Diagnostics (CDx)|
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Agilent's Companion Diagnostics Business (CDx) partners closely with leading pharmaceutical companies to develop, manufacture and commercialize in vitro diagnostic devices, which are a critical part of precision medicine. The CDx business serves to support the development of targeted cancer therapies. See http://www.agilent.com/en-us/dako-products for details.
Be a part of the future of Precision Medicine! Our mission is to improve the human condition by bringing the power of precision medicine to labs, partners and patients globally.
We are looking for a hardworking and dedicated intermediate level biologist to join our CDx Research and Development Department. You will work in a cross-functional team dedicated to the design and development of CDx assays in a highly regulated environment. This may include leading projects. Your challenge will be to build value for Agilent through innovative ideas that either build new businesses or improve existing ones.
* Researching, developing and applying systems to develop immunohistochemistry (IHC) assays and possibly other technologies
* Working with internal and external collaborators to employ Agilent's automated staining and labeling solutions for cancer diagnostics.
* Defining and crafting the optimal development path for each product within our workflow and adhering to our quality management system framework.
* Execution of all aspects of experiments including planning, execution, quantitative data analysis and interpretation while striving to improve assay-related protocols and CDx methods
* Ensuring success through collaboration with R&D research associates/assistants and cross-functional project team
* Facilitating the transfer of completed development projects and R&D assay knowledge into manufacturing commercial products
Position can start remote due to COVID but will be required to work on-site at Carpinteria, CA
* Ph.D. is highly preferred
* Bachelors, Masters Degree or University Degree in Biology/Biochemistry or equivalent with relevant job experience will also be considered
* 2 + years relevant laboratory experience in biology and/or biochemistry
* Strong background with immunohistochemistry, including knowledge of scientific concepts and hands-on experience
* Demonstration of excellent communication and teamwork skills
* Strong quantitative data analysis skills
* Ability to work independently or within a team setting
* Proven proficiency in biology techniques including immunohistochemistry techniques, protein biochemistry; cell biology and molecular biology
* Background in one or more of the following: tumor biology, immunology, and histology
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 email email@example.com opens an email client application. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please see all of our notices for EEO below.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled