|Director of Institutional Engagement|
Company: Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
Location: New York, NY
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 05/05/2021
Expire Date: 07/05/2021
Job Categories: Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Director of Institutional Engagement |
Reporting to the VP of Institutional Advancement, the Director of Institutional Engagement is an essential leader in the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum’s Institutional Advancement team and works collaboratively with key colleagues to engage supporters, grow brand awareness and increase contributions.
The Director of Institutional Engagement is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Intrepid Museum’s Salute to Freedom Gala, Veterans Job & Resource Fair, Corporate and Library Membership programs and manages a professional staff of one full-time employee.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Create and implement successful plans that support the achievement of the Museum's mission and strategic initiatives and drive participation and engagement
• Generate upwards of $2 million in annual event revenue while providing leadership, accountability and direction for the Museum’s fundraising events
• Work closely with VP of Institutional Advancement and Museum President to develop strategies, themes and messaging to help produce a successful annual gala and bring to life a new annual fundraising event to kick off during the Museum’s 40th anniversary year
• Liaise with VP of Institutional Advancement, President, Trustees and event committee to develop and implement a fundraising plan to identify and solicit honorees, corporate and individual donors for annual gala
• Work closely with VP of Venue Sales & Events to oversee event execution from planning stages through the night of, including event program and production, vendor management, and staff and volunteer coordination for Salute to Freedom Gala
• Manage and grow the Corporate Membership program, working with Institutional Advancement, Sponsorship and Special Events teams to coordinate most effective approach
• Manage and evaluate Corporate Membership services, benefits and policies
• Develop and oversee the production of the Museum’s annual Veterans Job & Resource Fair, securing exhibitors and presenters, raising corporate support and engaging the veteran community in the tristate area
• Provide leadership in the creation and execution of a communications plan for the annual gala and Veterans Job & Resource Fair, including save-the-dates, solicitations, invitations, event journals/programs and other event-related collateral
• Collaborate with VP of Institutional Advancement, Director of Individual Giving and Director of Grants and Foundation Relations on strategies for upgrading current and engaging new donors and partners through cultivation and fundraising events
• Develop budgets, oversee financial reporting and evaluate the effectiveness of each event and Corporate and Library Membership programs
• Oversee the efficient fulfillment of solicitations, acknowledgments and administration of benefits
• Oversee the updating and maintenance of Corporate and Library Membership, annual gala and Veterans Job & Resource Fair webpages
• Cultivate a culture of philanthropy within the organization to engage supporters, grow brand awareness and increase contributions
• Supervise one full-time employee
We offer a competitive salary, benefits and the opportunity to be a part of a very rewarding time in the Museum’s history!
Qualified candidates will have a BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university with at least four years of previous experience in institutional advancement department of a museum. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong creative solution and strategic planning skills a must. Experience managing staff, knowledge of executing marketing strategies. Strong metrics and data analysis skills. Competent with Raiser’s Edge and Patron’s Edge or comparable databases. Ability to work a variety of hours including evenings and weekends. Ability to meet membership retention and sales goals
Company Name: Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
Contact Email: email@example.com
The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is a non-profit, educational institution featuring the legendary aircraft carrier Intrepid, the space shuttle Enterprise, the worldˇ¦s fastest jets and a guided missile submarine. Opened in 1982, the Museum, anchored aboard the former USS Intrepid, a National Historic Landmark, has welcomed more than 2 million visitors since 2012. The Mission of the Intrepid Museum is to promote the awareness and understanding of history, science and service through its collections, exhibitions and programming, in order to honor our heroes, educate the public and inspire our youth.