|Policy Administrative Assistant|
Company: PAR (Pennsylvania Advocacy and Resources for Autism and Intellectual Disability)
Location: Lemoyne, PA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 05/05/2021
Expire Date: 07/05/2021
Job Categories: Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Policy Administrative Assistant |
PAR Policy Administrative Assistant
Provides administrative support to the PAR Policy Team to assist with PAR policy initiatives to accomplish the PAR Strategic Plan goals, and thereby improve the lives of people with intellectual disabilities and autism and direct support professionals. Excellent postion for those interested in starting a career in advocacy and/or policy.
Essential duties of the PAR Policy Administrative Assistant position include:
• Supports PAR Committees including scheduling meeting dates with chairs, PAR staff, and outside stakeholders;
scheduling and participating in agenda planning calls; sending out registrations in PAR Mail,
coordinating meeting setup internally; providing technical support during meetings; assisting with notetaking;
sending out feedback and other surveys; and ensuring follow up on various action items.
• Publishes and assists with writing PAR’s weekly newsletter for external publication.
• Maintains existing accreditations for PAR educational and training events (HRCI, SHRM, NASW, CRCC, State
Board of Nursing, and State Board of Accounting). Coordinates continuing education approval
and certificates for PAR conference and trainings.
• Coordinates administration for PAR education and training initiatives.
• Helps with administration for PAR advocacy events, rallies, Hill Days, and PAC events.
• Posts messages to PAR forums.
• Assists the PAR Policy Team with research projects.
• Assists the PAR Team with PAR conferences.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associate’s Degree or 2 years related experience
• Proven written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
• Effective organizational skills
• Valid driver’s license or state ID
• Some travel required
• May be required to lift up to 25 pounds
• Must consent to background check
Company Name: PAR (Pennsylvania Advocacy and Resources for Autism and Intellectual Disability)
PAR (Pennsylvania Advocacy and Resources for Autism and Intellectual Disability) proudly represents provider organizations whose mission is to serve and support Pennsylvania's children and adults with autism or intellectual disability. 2020 marked our 50th year as the only statewide provider association in the Commonwealth with this exclusive focus. PAR Members provide the full range of supports and services for individuals with Autism and Intellectual Disability in Pennsylvania. With a workforce of over 50,000 Pennsylvanians supporting tens of thousands of individuals and their families, the association promotes the highest standards of service through advocacy, information, training and education, and the resources provided by our members. Learn more at par.net