|Virtual Premier Banker II|
Company: Truist Financial Corporation
Location: Charlotte, NC
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 06/11/2021
Expire Date: 08/11/2021
Job Categories: Banking, Financial Services, Sales
Virtual Premier Banker II|
Identify, develop and maintain a portfolio of financially complex client relationships within the defined mass affluent market segment within the Truist footprint in a Virtual manner. Utilize objective and sound personal financial planning and financial advisory concepts to provide an integrated delivery of a broad range of retail products and services including banking, mortgage, planning, investments, and insurance services to the mass affluent clients.
Role requires FINRA Series 7, 66 (63 and 65 in lieu of 66) at time of hire.
Located within a centralized team, serve as the primary point of contact, integration and responsibility for mass affluent clients. Sell, deliver and provide ongoing service for a broad range of fee income and retail banking products and services appropriate to mass affluent clients. Virtual Premier Bankers should deliver a level of personalized, attentive service that clients deem outstanding via video conferencing or by phone.
2. Establish and periodically update understanding of client financial needs and conditions based upon sound profiling and personal financial planning analysis. Proactively work with the financial advisor on assigned investment accounts for adherence to investment and asset allocation objectives and policies.
3. Keep abreast of changing economic, legal, financial planning, investment trends and general market and business issues impacting mass affluent clients. Serve as a personal financial planning/advisory resource for clients, their attorneys and Certified Public Accountants (CPAs).
4. Meet revenue growth, profitability and retention goals by developing new clients, expanding services, and marketing new products to existing clients in a virtual manner. Successfully participate in the sales management process, which includes, but is not limited to, the delivery of excellent client service behaviors, support of the Truist segmentation models, full use of the automated sales process and support of referral processes and guidelines. Monitor, maintain and update sales activity, pipeline and other pertinent information using the bank's contact management system.
5. Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with various Truist teammate product and service specialists (Integrated Relationship Management (IRM) partners) who are designated to support client service and development efforts (e.g. banking, mortgage, planning, investments, and insurance services). Ensure an integrated and seamless approach to developing, servicing and enhancing the client portfolio. Serve as an advocate for clients with the IRM partners. Provide mentoring to less experienced staff in support of establishing an extraordinarily high level of professionalism, client service and responsiveness.
6. Establish and maintain mutually beneficial business relationships with external centers of influence who will enhance business development efforts.
7. Work within existing audit, compliance and regulatory framework in order to ensure a high quality, compliant portfolio of client relationships.
8. Participate in the ongoing implementation and development of the Premier Banking program, including processes, products, services and operating policies and procedures.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor's degree with a concentration in business, accounting, finance, banking or equivalent financial services experience and related training.
2. Minimum of four years of experience working with clients dealing with banking, investments, financial planning, or lending.
3. Advanced knowledge of a broad range of personal financial planning/advisory and investment management/asset allocation concepts and understanding of retail credit and traditional retail bank products for the mass affluent market.
4. Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed minimum performance standards specific to investments and insurance.
5. A minimum of Securities Industry Essentials (SIE), FINRA Series 7, 66 (63 and 65 in lieu of 66) and applicable Insurance licenses (Life, Health, and Variable) must be active and maintained, or must be obtained within 100-150 days of job entry date. Active FINRA licenses must be transferred within 30 days of job entry date. Must be SAFE Mortgage Licensing Act compliant with 30 days of employment in this role, including new or transfer of registration, and applicable NMLS acceptable background check.
6. Strong interpersonal, sales and relationship management skills.
7. Strong written, verbal and presentation skills including demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office software products.
8. Two years of demonstrated leadership ability
1. Minimum of four years of experience working with mass affluent clients dealing with banking, investments, financial planning, or lending.
2. Minimum of four years of retail lending experience.
3. Completion of established management or career development program or banking school.
4. Completion or enrollment in professional level certification programs such as Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Accredited Asset Management Specialist, Certified Trust and Financial Advisor, Chartered Life Underwriter or Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
5. Previous experience using financial planning software.
Contact Name: Elaine Guthrie
Contact Email: Elaine.Guthrie@truist.com
At Truist, we’re creating an inclusive and energizing environment that empowers teammates to learn, grow, and have meaningful careers. The Truist purpose is to inspire and build better lives and communities. Every day, the pursuit of better drives us—to empower clients with more choice, teammates with more fulfillment, and communities with more hope. Make a move. Make a difference. Join us, and define your career for better.
Please visit our employer showcase!