|Merchant Sales Consultant II|
Company: Truist Financial Corporation
Location: Richmond, VA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 06/14/2021
Expire Date: 08/14/2021
Job Categories: Banking, Financial Services, Sales
Merchant Sales Consultant II|
Job Description Summary
Identify and develop Merchant Services sales opportunities in an assigned market. Deliver consultative sales approach by helping business clients to assess payment processing needs, and delivering solutions that address needs. Actively work with Community Banking region to generate referrals in support of the region's profitability and growth initiatives. Educate the regional staff and clients on the electronic payment processing industry, competitive trends, and the products and services available to clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Focus on new business development by selling electronic payment processing solutions to existing commercial clients and prospects.
2. Consult with clients to identify payment processing needs, and deliver a comprehensive solution to address needs.
3. Conduct joint business development calls with Relationship Manager to identify sales opportunities, deliver proposals, conduct product demonstrations, or address service issues.
4. Responsible for overall revenue growth, profitability, and client retention of assigned merchant portfolio.
5. Attend regularly scheduled regional Integrated Relationship Management (IRM) meetings and other regional sales meetings to help cultivate referrals, provide sales training, and to present reporting on the region's overall Merchant Services performance.
6. Cross-sell new or additional payment processing products/services to clients.
7. Manage merchant processing requests (e.g. relationship development, information gathering, risk assessment, proposal creation, closing the sale) up to $25 million in annual credit card sales volume. Exhibit clear understanding of characteristics of high-quality merchant services prospect in order to develop, acquire, and service relationships, including responsibility for proper documentation, pricing, risk assessment and problem management.
8. Maintain thorough knowledge of all electronic payment processing products and services by attending all mandatory training.
9. Maintain a high-level of awareness and understanding of existing and new payment processing technologies, as well as industry, Bank, and client changes and trends.
10. Coordinate periodic training sessions for the Community Bank including identifying prospects, product and service offerings, and understanding the benefits and risks of merchant services.
11. Identify and refer alternative payment processing services to clients, such as Commercial Card, Purchasing Cards, Treasury Services, Deposit Access products, Commercial Deposits, Small or Commercial Business Lending, Insurance Services and Investments.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Accounting, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent education and related training
2. Two years of extensive sales experience with proven track record as a high performer
3. Accomplished interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
4. Excellent time management and organizational skills
5. Self-starter with the ability to work without close supervision
6. Solid technical comprehension skills
7. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
8. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
Contact Name: Elaine Guthrie
Contact Email: Elaine.Guthrie@truist.com
At Truist, we’re creating an inclusive and energizing environment that empowers teammates to learn, grow, and have meaningful careers. The Truist purpose is to inspire and build better lives and communities. Every day, the pursuit of better drives us—to empower clients with more choice, teammates with more fulfillment, and communities with more hope. Make a move. Make a difference. Join us, and define your career for better.
Please visit our employer showcase!