|Fiduciary Support Specialist II|
Company: Truist Financial Corporation
Location: Charlotte, NC
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 06/14/2021
Expire Date: 08/14/2021
Job Categories: Banking, Customer Service and Call Center, Financial Services, Sales
Fiduciary Support Specialist II|
Responsible for supporting the coordinated delivery of personal trust administration and investment portfolio management to a challenging and sensitive portfolio of affluent clients. Provide administrative support to Trust Advisors and/or Investment Managers. Help coordinate with other members of the Wealth team (Advisors, Planners, etc.) to render an extraordinarily high level of service to our Wealth Clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Participate in onboarding new teammates and training
2. Lead with special projects for Wealth Region Support Leader/Fiduciary Group Support Leader
3. Contribute to a positive team environment that fosters cooperation, trust and group identity and be an effective advocate for Wealth clients with other business units
4. Facilitate day-to-day transactional needs of the client base, including processing deposits, distributions, payments, transfers or other routine transactions
5. Enter and maintain appropriate client records including personal trust account administration activities, monitor client transactions and client data for accuracy and timeliness and maintains appropriate documentation of client transactions
6. Utilize various trust and investment systems to affect transactions, monitor accounts, create reports and prepare client presentations
7. Respond to client requests for information and assistance within appropriate level of authority
8. Support the sales and retention effort by scheduling appointments, conducting follow-up telephone calls, and preparing and maintaining client presentation and marketing materials
9. Assist the advisors with other administrative functions, prioritizing those actions that enable quality client interaction
10. Continually render extraordinarily responsive and personal service to our Wealth Clients
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. 7+ years in the role as a Fiduciary Support Specialist, trust experience, investment, banking or financial planning-related client service experience, or equivalent outside experience
2. Demonstrate strong all around product knowledge, deposits, loan, products, operating systems unique to line of business, including trust and estate
3. Demonstrate strong knowledge of bank policy and procedures
4. Strong problem solving skills
5. Contributes to a positive team environment that fosters cooperation, trust and group identity
6. Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
7. Excellent oral and written communication skills
8. Exemplary customer service and professional etiquette skills
9. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Undergraduate degree
2. Trust School graduate
3. Certified Financial Trust Advisor (CFTA)
Contact Name: Elaine Guthrie
Contact Email: Elaine.Guthrie@truist.com
At Truist, we’re creating an inclusive and energizing environment that empowers teammates to learn, grow, and have meaningful careers. The Truist purpose is to inspire and build better lives and communities. Every day, the pursuit of better drives us—to empower clients with more choice, teammates with more fulfillment, and communities with more hope. Make a move. Make a difference. Join us, and define your career for better.
Please visit our employer showcase!