|Principal Software Engineer - Android|
Company: Otsuka Pharmaceuticals
Location: Princeton, NJ
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 06/24/2021
Expire Date: 07/24/2021
Job Categories: Information Technology
Principal Software Engineer - Android|
We’re looking for a Principal Android Engineer to join our growing software engineering team, leading development and strategy for our patient-facing Android applications. As the ideal candidate, you have a vision for the future of our mobile platform and will adapt that vision to meet the emerging needs of our app teams while keeping up with evolving technologies in the mobile space. You will be energized to transform and think critically on product development with a focus on design and architectural best practices including the creation of components built for reuse, testing, offline behavior, performance, and new technology adoption.
Your team’s primary focus is building delightful and meaningful applications that engage with our patients and ultimately help improve their lives. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products are essential.
The team also contributes to the development of SDKs and integration with backend services (RESTful APIs) as well as connected medical devices over Bluetooth. You will also work closely with the UX Designers to implement a specified UI design and find creative solutions to deliver the vision of the product teams.
Lastly, as a technologist, you curiously explore new technologies, courageously experiment to validate new business models and build quality products and platforms in a cost-effective, secure, and compliant manner.
* Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform with evolving complexity
* Own and deliver software architecture, diagrams, design documents
* Primary engineering lead, directing a team of android developers in the delivery of products, both in an R&D and Commercial setting
* Collaborate with a diverse team to define, design, and ship new features
* Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
* Work cross-functionally with outside data sources and APIs
* Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
* Establish long term and evolving bug fixing solutions, improving application performance
* Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
* 4-year degree preferred relevant experience will be considered
* 7 - 10 Years of Android development experience
* 5+ Years of leading engineering or R&D teams focused on Android-based applications
* Expert knowledge of the Android platform and experience developing large scale consumer-facing applications
* Experience building SDKs
* Comfortable working in an agile/scrum environment.
* Strong Java and/or Kotlin development skills
* Working knowledge with the Gradle build system
* Extensive experience with writing unit tests
* Familiarity with Bluetooth protocols and interfacing with Bluetooth connected devices
* Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
* Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
* Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
* Solid understanding of design patterns (MVP, MVVM) and general Android architectural best practices
* Deep experience with various technologies: Java, Kotlin, Kotlin coroutines, Realm, RxJava, Android Studio, REST, JSON, Git
* Experience with Android frameworks, e.g., Retrofit, Dagger, or Espresso
* Familiarity with continuous integration
* Gitlab CI/CD with focus on CI/CD for mobile applications
* PHI/PII and/or Med device or other device-related experience
* Demonstrated expertise in applying FDA design control requirements (21 CFR ) as applied to medical device software and medical device regulation (IEC-62304)