|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
Company: University of Miami Health System
Location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 06/24/2021
Expire Date: 07/24/2021
Job Categories: Medical
The College of Engineering-Mechanical and Aerospace has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Administrative Assistant to work in Coral Gables, FL.
Under the supervision of the Office Manager, the Administrative Assistant performs a variety of high level administrative and office support functions for the assigned department(s) within the College of Engineering to facilitate the efficient operations of the office and provide robust support to the academic mission of the department. May serve in the absence of the Office Manager in certain circumstances.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
* Provide complex support to the academic mission of the department assigned including assistance with student admissions, management and clearing of files to prepare for graduation for undergraduate and graduate programs.
* For graduate student clearance, upload files and send them to the central graduate school office.
* Update student files and process administrative changes such as enrolling in a minor or transferring credit.
* Provide specific information to faculty advisors regarding student demographics.
* Create and/or maintain appropriate spreadsheets to allow department to manage all admissions functions from application to acceptance.
* This may include time sensitive tasks of an urgent nature and necessary information regarding what key information is missing to allow acceptance.
* For PhD student admission process, update and maintain database and files; answer inquiries, request I-20ís; prepare offer letters for new and existing students.
* For MS students, update and maintain spreadsheet.
* Responsible for curriculum management and changes to course schedule in canelink.
* Input changes online for bulletin (CourseLeaf)
* Provide routine assistance and communication with potential and existing undergraduate and graduate students regarding registration for classes, status of graduation request, required information, and general inquiries.
* Supports Office Manager, faculty and/or department leadership with daily tasks.
* Responds to routine inquiries from external or internal sources with standard correspondence or other messaging.
* Plans meetings and takes detailed minutes, as needed.
* Plans and coordinates events such as distinguished speaker seriesí for the assigned department including preparation of agenda, fliers, E-Veritas, attendance lists, catering service, reserve room, announcements and other actions as needed.
* Answers phone calls, emails, provides information to callers or connects callers to appropriate staff.
* Schedules appointments and updates departmental calendars.
* Prepares appropriate business processing documents for the department as assigned.
* Makes travel arrangements and reservations for department leadership, staff, and guests as needed.
* Composes and types correspondence, such as informative materials; creates spreadsheets and presentations.
* Greets and provides general support to visitors.
* Develops and maintains department filing system.
* Inputs changes to the departmental website.
* Processes expense reports, purchase requisitions, and work orders.
* May conduct departmental account reconciliation.
* Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
High school diploma or equivalent
Certification and Licensing:
Minimum 1 year of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
* General knowledge of office procedures and operations.
* Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, reports and correspondence.
* Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
* Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
* Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
* Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
* Proficiency in computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office).