|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
Company: University of Miami Health System
Location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 06/24/2021
Expire Date: 07/24/2021
Job Categories: Medical
The College of Engineering has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Secretary to work in Coral Gables, FL.
Under the supervision of the Office Manager, provides general clerical support for the department in which the position resides.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities :
* Serves as the first point of contact and communication for the department.
* Provides routine and general clerical support which may include student service, reports, and statistics.
* Answers telephones, takes messages, answers routine questions, responds to general emails and transfers calls/emails to appropriate individuals.
* Greets visitors and callers, handle their inquiries, and directs them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
* Orders and pays for routine supplies, activities of the department as assigned. Order seniors and society chapters regular and perpetual plaques/awards.
* Composes correspondence or selects standardized formats as needed for members of the department.
* Processes transactions in Workday (UM recognized system for conducting business)
* May conduct basic account/budget reconciliation.
* May provide ancillary support to business services, student services, etc.
* Ph.D. Students: Admission process. Update and maintain database and files; answer inquiries, request I-20’s; prepare offer letters for new and existing students.
* MS. Students: Update and maintain spreadsheet. Keep track of M.S. Merit Scholarships for tuition waivers.
* Graduation Clearance: Upload files and send them to the Graduate School.
* Course Schedule/Curriculum Management
* Distinguished Speaker Series: agenda, flyer, E-Veritas, attendance lists, catering service, reserve room, announcements, etc.
* Prepare faculty search PDF files for assigned faculty.
* Visitor appointments.
* Collect syllabi and file.
* Input changes online for bulletin (Course Leaf) new task assigned 2016
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Knowledge of MS suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Must have organizational and oral and written communication skills.
* Must be customer service-oriented
Education Requirements (Essential Requirements):
* High school diploma or equivalent.
Work Experience Requirements (Essential Requirements):
* One (1) to Four (4) years’ experience.