|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
Company: University of Miami Health System
Location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 06/24/2021
Expire Date: 07/24/2021
Job Categories: Medical
Administrative Assistant |
The School of Law has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Administrative Assistant to work in Coral Gables, FL.
The Administrative Assistant supports numerous constituents within the Academic & Student Services office to include the Dean of Students, the Academic Achievement Program Directors, and the Directors of Student Life. This position provides high-level administrative support, exercises a high degree of resourcefulness, independent judgment, and initiative, has professional knowledge of the Law School and its departments, and works with highly confidential materials and ability to multitask including complex tasks while meeting deadlines.
This position will report to the Assistant Director.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provides Administrative support to the Academic Achievement Program. Supports the Director, and two Associate Directors of Student Life, and may include Adjunct faculty as assigned, including serving as faculty assistant.
* Provides administrative support to the Dean of Students, including preparing general correspondence as well as correspondence to and regarding students for, e.g., 1L work authorization approval and letters to judges for clerkships. Access transcripts and other student information as requested to assist the Dean of Students and Student Life team activities and events as requested.
* Schedules and screens appointments as necessary for students or visitors wishing to see the Dean of Students and other members of the Academic and Student Services suite. Assembles grades and other relevant background materials on the students to ensure that the Dean of Students has the necessary information in advance of appointments. Works with the Dean of Students on other confidential items as needed. Includes but not limited to maintaining list of financial aid issues, emergency fund applications, student follow-up, etc. Helps with event management to include Mental Health Day and Wellness Week, Orientation events, Graduation etc. .
* Provides ad hoc administrative support to the Associate Dean of Law Academic & Student Services and Strategic Initiatives.
* Exercises the highest level of confidentiality and security measures relating to final and mid-term examinations by typing, proofing, copying, posting exams on Blackboard or TWEN or other online sites used, deliver exams to Registrarís Office, retrieve exams when finished to reconcile exams, assist professors with final grades and schedule student appointments for exam reviews.
* Will have knowledge of Zoom meeting features and technology in order to provide support to faculty in classroom teachings, and as well as providing support to students that may encounter issues.
* Provides support with events, mail merges and the printing of nametags and tent cards; maintains RSVP lists for events. Reserves rooms, audio visual, orders catering for events, processes reimbursements and POís for vendors in Workday. Processes Workday reimbursements for the travel and other expenses; and any other logistics related to event.
* Assists in projects with the Law Student Affairs Team which includes but is not limited to organizing meetings, making website edits, creating flyers, social media posting, etc.
* Reviews, processes and forwards emails of Student Notifications of Absences to the appropriate faculty and/or their assistant. Keeps an accurate spreadsheet of all student absences.
* Prepares class material packets to include syllabus and additional reading materials and handouts; collects and records student assignments; manages course and personal files; coordinates with the library regarding reference requests; maintains class materials in TWEN, if required; creates seating charts or other classroom tools as requested; reserves rooms for meetings; monitors class attendance; places textbook order for courses and first class assignments; submits audiovisual requests; maintains faculty calendars; and serves as primary liaison with the students.
* Prepares and submits reimbursements for faculty and staff regarding travel, dues and memberships events and other reimbursements as necessary electronically through the Universityís Workday system.
* Contacts publishers to order desk copies, supplements and teacherís manuals for faculty as needed.
* Works with the Copy Center to order and maintain supplies for law school student organizations and student lunchroom. Responsible for ordering coffee and utensils for the Office of Academic and Student Services and maintains Student Food Pantry.
* Responsible for maintaining and ordering office supplies. Ensures the copier paper trays are always stocked and ink cartridges are replaced, as well as refilling the electronic stapler. Distributes copies from the copy machine to the appropriate staff member. Opens and distributes mail.
* Provides excellent customer service when greeting visitors and callers, including students, faculty, staff, alumni, and guests; capably handles inquiries and exercises a high degree of resourcefulness when directing callers and visitors to appropriate offices or individuals. Answers the telephone and takes messages. Answers general questions via the telephone, electronic mail and those that walk in.
* Serves as back-up support to the other Administrative Assistant within the Academic & Student Services Office. This includes but is not limited to providing support to the Director of Accessibility and the Director of the Mindfulness in Law program.
* Serves as back-up to the Assistant Director of Programs. Includes but not limited to Dean of Students email monitoring, Title IX, etc.
* Serves as a notary for students, faculty, and staff.
Education/Work Experience Requirements:
High school diploma and three years work-related experience. Excellent customer service skills. Must be extremely organized, be able to multi-task and handle multiple projects simultaneously and set priorities to meet deadlines with minimal supervision. Must have initiative, ability to make sound judgment and be able to work in a fast-paced environment. Must be committed to customer service to students, while being sensitive to student confidentiality consistent with University requirements. Must have superior telephone and interpersonal skills. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
* Communicates and collaborates with numerous high-level offices and officials on and off campus in a professional manner
* The Administrative Assistant should be prepared to obtain notary certification within 6 months of employment.
* Knowledge of Zoom meeting features and technology.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite (WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT), Google Docs, Outlook, Internet Explorer, SharePoint, Mail Merges.
* Knowledge of University Workday system preferred.
* Knowledge of routine office practices and procedures.
* Ability to utilize computerized information systems.
* Ability to enter and verify information with accuracy and a reasonable rate of speed.
* Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.