|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
|Accountant (Design & Construction R&R)|
Company: University of Miami Health System
Location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 06/24/2021
Expire Date: 07/24/2021
Job Categories: Medical
Accountant (Design & Construction R&R) |
The Facilities Ops & Planning Department has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Accountant to work in Coral Gables, FL.
The Accountant oversees the assigned departmentís internal accounting and reporting functions and assists management with all fiscal functions, including budget formulation and monitoring of accounts, to ensure compliance with University policies and warrant availability of department funds at all times.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
* Prepares balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other financial reports.
* Analyzes trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
* Reports assigned department's finances to management and offers suggestions about resource utilization, tax strategies, and assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
* Verifies the accuracy of journal vouchers and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
* Examines and reconciles expenditure and revenue accounts.
* Reviews and approves all reimbursements, check requisitions, and purchase orders.
* Assists with fiscal year end process including entries for the necessary accruals.
* Develops, analyzes, audits, reconciles, and monitors fiscal reports based upon current and historical financial revenues and expenditures.
* Participates in planning long- or short-term business objectives.
* Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
Bachelorís degree in relevant field
Certification and Licensing:
Minimum 1 year of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
* Knowledge of generally accepted accounting procedures and principles.
* Knowledge of budget control methods, policies, and procedures.
* Ability to prepare financial and accounting records.
* Ability to analyze, consolidate, and interpret accounting data.
* Ability to compile, organize, interpret, and communicate accounting data and results concisely.
* Ability to manage a budget and work within the constraints of that budget.
Department Specific Functions (specific to Design & Construction; Replacement & Renewal [R&R])
* The Accountant is responsible for applying principles of accounting to manage all project accounts associated with the campus operations of Facilities Operations & Planning with a primary focus on Facilities Replacement and Renewal projects, including purchase order and invoice processing, account reconciliation, budget planning and other related financial work.
* Maintain all financial information on Facilities Replacement & Renewal related projects, including disbursements, expenses and fees.
* Compile monthly reports and analyses on projects for management.
* Liaise between vendors, contractors, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, client financial representatives and project managers as needed to ensure that all financial activities associated with proj ects are accurate at all times.
* Support the Senior Accountant with closing out completed project accounts, providing summaries for project managers. Assist project managers and their project assistant in close out process by maintaining the internal financial reports, preparing and posting journal entries.
* Review and troubleshoot discrepancies on financial reports for all projects. Make corrections as necessary. Pinpoint outstanding issues related to the appropriate project manager.
* Meet with project manager and staff as necessary to discuss unresolved concerns related to financials of project.
* Prepare and Post Journal Entries, Complete account reconciliations
* Maintain the necessary files to support the above work.
* Maintain a positive working relationship with University staff, and adhere and support the Universityís Common Purpose, DIRECCT Values and Behaviors, and Service Standards.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Knowledgeable of MS Excel is a must; Proficient in MS Office products including Word and Outlook.
* Excellent analytical, communication, and customer service skills.