|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
|Accounts Payable Representative|
Company: University of Miami Health System
Location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 06/24/2021
Expire Date: 07/24/2021
Job Categories: Medical
Accounts Payable Representative|
The Procurement - Accounts Payable Department has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Accounts Payable Representative to work in Coral Gables, FL.
The Accounts Payable Representative reviews requests for payments and reimbursements in accordance with University and IRS policies. Specifically, the Accounts Payable Representative resolves non-compliance issues, inquiries from students, employees and non-employees.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
* Reviews for accuracy and authenticity and approves expense reimbursements submitted through the Expense Report Business Process and Non-employee and Student Expense Reimbursement Forms.
* Provides instructions related to the preparation and submission of expense reports and non-employee and student expense reimbursement forms.
* Responds to queries related to the Electronic Travel and Business Expense Policy, D015E.
* Reviews for accuracy and authenticity and approves transactions submitted via the Procurement Card Verification Business Process.
* Recognizes when an expense is reportable as income and instructs departments of the correct procedures involved in processing these types of expenses.
* Ability to classify expenses and reportable payments into correct expense/payment categories for accurate financial statement reporting.
* Reviews for accuracy and authenticity supplier requests/invoices submitted for “creation” of payee and subsequent payment.
* Facilities the collection of IRS forms, i.e., W9, W8BEN, W8BEN-E and 8233.
* Ability to classify payments for IRS 1099MISC reporting to US nationals and entities and 1042S reporting to foreign individuals and entities.
* Responds to queries related to the check request business process.
* Ability to close out cash advances after travel has taken place and expense report is submitted for reconciliation.
* Submits documents to the Payroll Office for employee withholding when outstanding cash advances have not been reconciled within the required time period.
* Instructs departments about the opening, increasing, decreasing, closing and transferring of petty cash accounts.
* Reviews/approves requests for the establishment of Petty Cash Accounts.
* Reviews/approves journal entries requesting replenishment of Petty Cash Accounts.
* Ability to prepare journal entries to correct errors made to Petty Cash Ledger Account.
* Responds to queries related to the Petty Cash Policy, D040.
* Reconciles Petty Cash General Ledger Account.
* Reviews Workday excel spread sheet containing the names of all employees separating from the University to identify those who may be custodians to ensure petty cash accounts are closed/transferred.
* Reviews for accuracy, authenticity and approval ad hoc payment requests.
* Prepares and submits ad hoc payment requests for replacement checks.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Associate (2-year) Degree preferred
Certification and Licensing:
Minimum 1 year of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
* Knowledge of generally accepted accounting procedures and principles
* Knowledge of IRS business expense reimbursements
* Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
* Ability to develop/analyze reports
* Detail oriented
* Outstanding telephone etiquette and knowledge of routine office practices and procedures
* Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and Outlook
* Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
* Commitment to excellent customer service and positive teamwork
* Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure