|Language Services Specialist / Japanese Interpreter|
Company: Otsuka Pharmaceuticals
Location: Princeton, NJ
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 06/25/2021
Expire Date: 07/25/2021
Job Categories: Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical
Language Services Specialist / Japanese Interpreter |
- The Language Services Specialist / Japanese Interpreter provides language and cultural support to personnel to facilitate interactions and understanding among colleagues in order to achieve Otsuka goals.
- Provides interpretation support for Otsuka initiatives involving Otsuka staff, partner companies, outside consultants and vendors.
- Provides translation of documents related to Otsuka initiatives.
- Assists non-Japanese employees with understanding Japanese culture and business practices.
- Assists Japanese expatriates and colleagues in Japan with general US assimilation issues and understanding US culture and business practices.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 3 yrs of professional experience in providing communication support to Japanese/American professionals
- Proficiency in English and Japanese languages (one of them must be native and 100% fluent)
- Understanding of Jap anese and American cultures
- Simultaneous and Consecutive interpretation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle confidential information related to drug pipeline as well as HR/Legal/Financial matters
- Up to 20-30% travel may be required based upon business needs
- Ability to learn quickly, plan and organize
- Ability to work effectively in fast-paced, dynamic environment -
- Advanced degree in Conference Interpretation or 2 yrs of special interpretation training
- Experience in pharmaceutical, biotech, or related industries
- Knowledge of how/when to apply organizational policy or procedures to a variety of situations
- Understanding of the company's products, the competition, and the pharmaceutical industry in general
Disclaimer: This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to in clude every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary. Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; https://www.otsuka-us.com/careers-join-otsuka.
Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
Job postings, job offers, or introductions to enter into a business relationship with Otsuka through a third-party vendor may be unauthorized. Avoid being the subject of a scam by dealing only directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External . Any authorized third-party vendor job boards should redirect any inquiry to this Otsuka Career website.