|Sr Director Pricing & Contracting|
Company: Otsuka Pharmaceuticals
Location: Princeton, NJ
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 06/25/2021
Expire Date: 07/25/2021
Job Categories: Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical
Sr Director Pricing & Contracting |
The Senior Director of Pricing and Contracting supports the establishment of pricing policies, strategies, and processes to enable Otsuka to compete in the marketplace more effectively with greater clarity and purpose in the way we establish, forecast, monitor, and administer pricing.
This role also partners with Finance to monitor and manage GTN rates and will direct all facets of contracting management from strategy to administration.
- Directs all Strategic Pricing, Contracting and GTN in support of OAPI in-line products.
- Serves as secretary of the Pricing Committee in creating the agenda, leading the presentations and capturing and documenting minutes per the SOP to ensure Senior Leadership is properly aware of and engaged on matters related to Pricing decisions.
- Directs OAPI specific Payer markets interests with Alliance Partnerships, including, GTN Management, Pricing Strategy and Contract negotiation authorizations.
- Partners with Marketing Leads to align pricing and contract decisions with brand strategy.
- Partners with Market Access to ensure continuity in Pricing Strategy development and shared learnings around soon to launch brands
- Monitors and analyzes marketplace environment to understand trends and interpret and advise brand and senior management.
- Supports pricing analyses for Government Affairs team and as needed initiate projects to address new or emergent opportunities and risks
- Provides global marketing with US marketplace and pricing & Gross to Net insights into new product development activity
- Supports due diligence around Business Development (BD) opportunities (e.g., co-promotes, in-licensing, etc.) by assessing and informing the BD team on pricing opportunities and risks
- Integrates pricing recommendations into the annual and long-range business planning exercises. This includes close partnership with Finance and Marketing Presentations to Senior Leadership on macro and micro-economic trends or environmental shifts impacting payer channel pricing and reimbursement dynamics
- Deliver formalized best practices, competitive landscape analyses and new pricing methodologies, etc. to brand and line management in support of annual brand planning process.
- Will be expected to identify business needs and, through a mastery of pricing discipline, payer and physician knowledge, and global environment, drive significant change within organization
- Manage vendor contracted pricing capabilities and projects
- Bachelors required (Finance or Accounting preferred), MBA preferred
- At least 15 years of pharmaceutical industry experience, 5+ years of which are directly managing Healthcare Industry Pricing and Contracting or Global Access and Pricing
- Strong analytical capabilities including the ability to develop pricing models and strategic frameworks to illustrate pricing scenarios
- Strong communication and leadership skills to drive change management
- Knowledge of healthcare market and legal aspects of pricing policy in the healthcare market strongly preferred
- Superior presentation skills that drive action and strategy; ability to take complex pricing and contracting situations and simplify to effectively communicate with all levels of management
- Demonstrated ability to leverage data and automation to optimize pricing and contracting processes -
- Hands on experience with MS Excel and Enterprise Planning tools (Essbase, Anaplan)
-Global pricing experience a plus
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; https://www.otsuka-us.com/careers-join-otsuka.
Disclaimer: This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.
Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
Job postings, job offers, or introductions to enter into a business relationship with Otsuka through a third-party vendor may be unauthorized. Avoid being the subject of a scam by dealing only directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External . Any authorized third-party vendor job boards should redirect any inquiry to this Otsuka Career website.