|Manager, Pipeline Assets|
Company: Otsuka Pharmaceuticals
Location: Princeton, NJ
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 06/25/2021
Expire Date: 07/25/2021
Job Categories: Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical
Manager, Pipeline Assets |
The Commercial Strategy & Insights (CSI) Manager role supporting Pipeline Assets in development at Otsuka Pharmaceuticals supports the insights needs for early development assets. The CSI Manager will be responsible for primary market research and competitive intelligence for pipeline assets in early development phases at Otsuka leading up to the global launch of brands. The role reports to the CSI Director for Pipeline Assets and Competitive Intelligence and will work day-to-day with various cross-functional partners, including but not limited to Data & Analytics, Marketing, Market Access, and Medical Affairs. In addition, the manager will be responsible for managing the competitive intelligence platform and solution for Otsuka. The Manager is expected to conduct insightful and actionable market research to drive product development and to influence business decisions for product commercialization. Key stakeholders for the CSI Manager include the Global Marketing Team an d the Commercial Business Units.
The CSI Manager is responsible for the design, execution, and management of market research projects. Moreover, the CSI Manager is expected to commission and partner with MR agencies for primary and syndicated research in the US and international markets, as needed. The position requires proficiency in business data and analytics as well as leadership and collaboration with marketing and sales partners. The person in this position will be part of the Commercial Strategy & Insights organization and will work directly with the Global Marketing Team.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
* Self-starter that will proactively take ownership of building internal relationships and learning the Otsuka culture
* Global market research experience
* Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
* Proven track record of applying market research insights to positively influence brand performance
* Experience designing and executing qualitative and quantitative primary market research
* Experience working with secondary market research data, including prescription data, patient-level data, sales data, and payer data
* Proven experience and expertise integrating primary and secondary data into synthesized information and insights
* Ability to develop and leverage new market research tools and process to drive deeper insights
* Lead special projects as required by the needs of the business
* Represent the CSI function in various business meetings
* Working knowledge of the clinical development process and product life-cycle from early stage through product launch, maturity and loss of exclusivity.
* Strong, game-changing analytical abilities and insights generation skills
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to collaborate with marketing/sales partners and to influence business decision making
* Experience managing and developing vendor relations so that the agency can best contribute to Otsuka's future success
* Strong team player with good leadership skills
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in a marketing sciences/business analysis role in the pharmaceutical or consumer package goods industry (client or vendor side), including a minimum of 3 years of market research experience.
* Bachelor's degree
* MBA/Graduate degree a plus
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; https://www.otsuka-us.com/careers-join-otsuka.
Disclaimer: This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.
Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
Job postings, job offers, or introductions to enter into a business relationship with Otsuka through a third-party vendor may be unauthorized. Avoid being the subject of a scam by dealing only directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External . Any authorized third-party vendor job boards should redirect any inquiry to this Otsuka Career website.