|Hybrid Learning Specialist|
Company: National Recreation and Park Association
Location: Ashburn , VA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 07/28/2021
Expire Date: 09/28/2021
Job Categories: Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Hybrid Learning Specialist |
Job Title: Hybrid Learning Specialist
Location: Remote or Ashburn, VA.
Salary Range: $52,102-$61,297
The National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) is the leading not-for-profit organization dedicated to building strong, vibrant, and resilient communities through the power of parks and recreation. With more than 60,000 members, NRPA advances this mission by investing in and championing the work of park and recreation professionals and advocates — the catalysts for positive change in service of equity, climate-readiness, and overall health and well-being. For more information, visit www.nrpa.org. For digital access to NRPA’s flagship publication, Parks & Recreation, visit www.parksandrecreation.org.
NRPA is currently seeking a Hybrid Learning Specialist to join our Education department.
The Hybrid Learning Specialist is on the front line of NRPA’s professional development and education initiatives, producing new content, interacting with customers, volunteers, and service providers, and ensuring smooth and reliable service in collaboration with teams across the organization. Travel required for 10%-15% of the year, depending on project assignments.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Learning Media Production & Distribution
• Leads digital learning media production and programming for distribution on NRPA’s Learning Management System, including webinars, live networking events, conference education sessions, and micro-learning packages
• Collaborate closely with IT, customer service, research, and marketing & communications teams to launch, promote, administer, and evaluate learning products
• Receive, upload, and trouble-shoot SCORM-compliant digital media products created by third-party vendors
• Manage the application and distribution of Continuing Education Units to all applicable hybrid learning products
Customer Service & Volunteer Relations
• Receive & resolve customer service requests on active hybrid learning products
• Coordinate (including scheduling, communications, tasking, travel & lodging logistics, and troubleshooting) all NRPA volunteer contributions to hybrid learning products, in close consultation with Senior Manager of Education—Logistics
• Support Senior Manager of Education—Logistics in coordinating on-site logistics for select learning events, including Conference
• Gather and periodically analyze customer feedback to inform ongoing product improvements
Department Development & Program Administration
• Develop and manage budgets for hybrid learning programs under the supervision of the Senior Manager for Education—Logistics
• Perform regular audits, upgrades, and improvements to NRPA’s learning management system, in collaboration with contractual service providers and internal teams
• Create Standard Operating Procedures and project management structures for making all hybrid learning production and distribution processes more efficient, effective, and inclusively accessible
• Collaborates with internal teams on ongoing integration improvements and troubleshooting between NRPA’s learning management system, product store, databases, and volunteer management platforms
• High school diploma + 3 years higher education or equivalent
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a related field
• Basic competency and experience with Microsoft Office tools, learning management systems, video editing software, e-Learning authoring software (Articulate), and web design
• Strong time management skills and excellent written & verbal communication skills
• Success in delivering a high-quality customer service experience in a team-based work setting
• Demonstrates an understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion concepts, is able to represent those in external relationships, and ensures that they are reflected in the programs and activities they are responsible for
Candidate Work Style
• Excels in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
• Self-directed and detail-oriented with a collaborative and professional team spirit to contribute to a collegial, team-oriented environment
Willing to travel up to 15 days per year outside of the Washington Metropolitan Area or your remote work location. Remote workers must visit NRPA Headquarters periodically including attendance at the NRPA annual conference.
Required Materials and Application Process: Applicants without the following required materials may not be considered for this position:
• Cover Letter detailing your background and description how your experience and education would make you a successful candidate for this position (limit 2 pages).
Applicants will first be evaluated on the completeness and qualifications of application materials. Qualified applicants will then be invited for a phone screen and selected applicants will be invited to a Zoom interview. Finalists will be required to submit references for a reference and background check.
Who May Apply: This position is open to all qualified applicants.
NRPA values diversity, equity and inclusion and we are committed to integrating these core values more deeply into all elements of our daily work. NRPA is an equal opportunity employer and highly encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, ethnic minorities, new Americans (immigrants and refugees), LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, native people, and veterans.
Discover the Benefits at NRPA!
NRPA has been named a Top Workplace by The Washington Post every year since 2014. To promote healthy lifestyles, at work and away, we have established programs like Teleworking, FlexTime Schedules, 37.5-hour workweek, Employee Assistance Programs, Educational Assistance Programs, Lunch-and-Learn sessions, and more. NRPA also offers a competitive Heath benefits package, generous PTO program where employees accrue 26 days of paid time per year, parental leave, and retirement and savings benefits.
Company Name: National Recreation and Park Association
NRPA values diversity, equity and inclusion and we are committed to integrating these core values more deeply into all elements of our daily work. NRPA is an equal opportunity employer and highly encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, ethnic minorities, new Americans (immigrants and refugees), LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, native people, and veterans. To promote healthy lifestyles, at work and away, we have established programs like Teleworking, FlexTime Schedules, 37.5-hour work-week, Employee Assistance Programs, Educational Assistance Programs, Lunch-and-Learn sessions, and more. NRPA also offers a competitive Heath benefits package, generous PTO program where employees accrue 26 days of paid time per year, parental leave, and retirement and savings benefits.