|Senior Electrical Engineer|
Company: Danaher Corporation
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 08/02/2021
Expire Date: 10/02/2021
Job Categories: Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical
Senior Electrical Engineer|
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving health care through fast, accurate diagnostic testing. Our mission drives us, every moment of every day, as we develop scalable, groundbreaking solutions to solve the world’s most complex health challenges. Our associates are involved in every stage of molecular diagnostics, from ideation to development and delivery of testing advancements that improve patient outcomes across a range of settings. As a member of our team, you can make an immediate, measurable impact on a global scale, within an environment that fosters career growth and development.
Cepheid is proud to work alongside a community of six fellow Danaher Diagnostics companies. Together, we’re working at the pace of change on diagnostic tools that address the world’s biggest health challenges, driven by knowing that behind every test there is a patient waiting.
Learn about the Danaher Business System which makes everything possible.
The Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for supporting Cepheid’s molecular diagnostics instrument platform. Our team needs your broad experience in hardware design and development to expand the capabilities of Cepheid’s Product Development engineering team. You will be relied upon as a key hands-on interdisciplinary expert in a fast-paced team that is developing Cepheid’s current and next generation medical diagnostic instrument platforms and lab automation systems.
This position is part of the Electrical Engineer team which is part of larger team comprised of electrical, mechanical, software and optical engineers all focused on the common goal of developing and commercializing Cepheid’s world impacting molecular diagnostic platforms. This position will be located in Sunnyvale, Ca. At Cepheid, our mission is delivery A Better Way to improve patient outcomes by enabling access to molecular diagnostic testing everywhere.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
• Hands-on integration of electro-mechanical, electro-optic, and other integrated systems to optimize systems signal-to-noise ratio, fault tolerance, and system packaging. Ensure robust design of capital equipment that meets applicable regulatory, safety and quality standards.
• Participate in cross-functional project teams with scientists, technical support, and other engineers to create new and resolve existing software/firmware issues in diverse systems:
o high speed data handling
o motion control
o signal conditioning and processing
o thermal control
• Drive redesigns that resolve determined root-cause issues and collaborate/perform/lead with other team members in the verification, validation and Change Order submission and implementation of the redesigns.
• Create documentation including, but not limited to design input requirements, engineering specifications, and design verification test protocols.
• Modify existing equipment to improve product quality, increase part throughput, decrease cost, and strengthen safety measures. Perform change orders and release processes using the Agile PLM system and maintain strict compliance with Cepheid's Quality procedures.
The essential requirements of the job include:
• B.S. in Electrical Engineering (or an equivalent technical discipline) with Eight (8) or more years of experience in hands-on electrical design for commercial instrumentation/consumer products.
• Product development/commercialization experience within a risk-control framework.
• Experience working of PLC based control systems and associated components: i.e., UI, Motion controllers, Robots, Heater Controllers, barcode readers vision systems, etc.
• Ability to lift 25 lbs. and be able to perform routine laboratory tasks.
It would be a plus if you also possess previous experience in:
• Experience developing Medical equipment in an FDA regulated environment.
• Experience writing/executing IQ, OQ, and PQ Protocols.
• Proficient with motion controllers and Vision Inspection Systems.
Cepheid, a Danaher company, offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to our lives. Whether it’s a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits at danaherbenefitsinfo.com.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why we’ll empower you to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.
Contact Name: William To
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Danaher is a global science and technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life around the world. A global network of more than 20 operating companies, we drive meaningful innovation in some of today’s most dynamic industries through our operating companies in four strategic platforms: Life Sciences, Diagnostics, Water Quality and Product Identification. The engine at the heart of our success is the Danaher Business System (DBS), a set of tools that enables continuous improvement around lean, growth and leadership. Through the ingenuity of our people, the power of DBS and the impact of our meaningful technologies, we help realize life’s potential in ourselves and for those we serve.