|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
|Part Time School Counselor|
Company: The Masters School
Location: Dobbs Ferry, NY
Employment Type: Part Time
Date Posted: 08/02/2021
Expire Date: 10/02/2021
Job Categories: Education
Part Time School Counselor|
Reports To: Director of Health Services
Status: P art Time, Academic Year, 20 flexible hours per week
Start Date: August 23, 2021
The Masters School (w ww.mastersny.org) is a premier coed day and boarding school that engages 5th – 12th
grade students with a challenging academic program in a welcoming learning environment. Located on 96
picturesque acres overlooking the Hudson River, The Masters School community takes advantage of both its
access to the tri-state area and its proximity to the rich cultural and educational magnet that is New York City.
Students benefit from the resources, diversity and activities of Masters 7-day campus and accessible, talented
faculty and staff. From our exceptional academics and outstanding visual and performing arts program to our
championship athletic teams, the Masters learning experience prepares students for success in college, career
MISSION AND BELIEFS STATEMENT:
The Masters School celebrates active participation, deep understanding, and meaningful connection. A
community of diverse individuals, we gather to learn, to strive, to dare, to do – to be a power for good in the
In addition, The Masters School seeks employees committed to the work of advancing equity and social justice in
the school community and beyond. A community of diverse individuals, we celebrate both our differences and
our similarities, and we embrace a broad definition of diversity that includes but is not limited to age, race,
ethnicity, gender, ability, religion, sexual identity and socioeconomic status. Masters seeks diverse candidates to
serve our student body, and we expect all employees to engage in the work of inclusion as a critically important
aspect of working in our school setting.
The School Counselor is a part-time counselor in the Health Center who serves the Upper School. The School
Counselor will work directly with the Director of Health Services, the other school counselors, with the students
one-on-one, as well as create outreach programs for the various student and parent populations within the
● Provide individual and group counseling, consultation, and referral. Counseling will be provided on a
short term basis and will include helping students develop coping strategies, resiliency and
● Make recommendations to the Director of Health Services and Dean of Students regarding care for
● Work with student groups and other offices to collaborate on outreach efforts.
● Support teachers, students and families with crisis interventions and referrals.
● Maintain patient records in accordance with regulations and policies
● Serve as a resource for parents, students, faculty and administrators for referrals and community
● Collaborate on the Peer Listener Program.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please submit a letter of interest, explaining why you would succeed in this position, resume, 3
references and salary requirements via email to email@example.com (Adobe® PDF format preferred) and
include “Part Time Counselor” in the subject line.
This position announcement is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
employees assigned to this job title and the education and skills required. This is not intended to be a complete
list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that are required or may be required in the future.
The Masters School conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and
may use a third-party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in
compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
* * * * *
The Masters School is an equal opportunity employer. It has been and will continue to be the policy of Masters to
be fair and impartial in all of its relations with its employees. Our employment decisions are made solely on an
individual’s ability to perform the job. In accordance with federal, New York State, and Westchester County law,
Masters does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived differences, including those based on race,
color, religion, ethnicity, creed, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, familial status, gender and
gender identity, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation and disability, sexual and
reproductive health decisions, or toward victims or those perceived to be victims of domestic violence, sexual
abuse or stalking, as well as any other status protected under federal, state, or local laws. For the purpose of
addressing sexual and reproductive health decisions, the Masters School will not access an employee’s personal
information regarding his or her reproductive health decisions without written consent and in accordance with
applicable law. Retaliation based on any of the above protected characteristics is absolutely prohibited
● Masters in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling (LCSW and LMHC preferred).
● Minimum of 5 years’ experience in individual and group counseling, particularly with adolescents.
● Experience with outreach efforts/programming and networking with diverse student groups, academic
and student service departments.
● Ability to work with and be sensitive to diverse populations; particular interest in and/or experience
working with independent school populations strongly preferred.
● Ability to assess, evaluate and refer students to appropriate resources and referrals
● Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively within a counseling service.
● Experience in supporting BIPOC affinity groups
● Demonstrates expertise in all MS Office programs (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Google Docs.