|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
Company: University of Miami Health System
Location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 10/16/2021
Expire Date: 12/16/2021
Job Categories: Other
The Frost School of Music has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Director of Outreach to work in the Coral Gables Campus.
The Director of Outreach provides leadership, strategy administration, and direction for the Donna E. Shalala MusicReach Program. Moreover, the Director of Outreach coordinates all functions and services for assigned program(s) and takes charge of budget accountability and personnel management.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Formulates and implements short- and long-term program goals and objectives.
2. Establishes administrative policies and procedures.
3. Develops and sustains community partnerships with local schools, organizations, and agencies.
4. Oversees the creation of course curriculum and implementation of classroom management strategies.
5. Advances effective marketing strategies to promote all programs and services.
6. Creates and plans outcome driven assessment tools for departmen tal programs and services.
7. Maintains current knowledge and ensures program compliance of all federal, state, local and University policies, and regulations.
8. Cultivates and maintains positive relationships with relevant stakeholders, to include students, alumni, faculty members, program participants, partner organizations, and donors.
9. Establishes and continuously assesses the effectiveness of the internal controls within the unit and compliance with University policies and procedures. Ensures employees are trained on controls within the function and on University policy and procedures.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
Bachelorís Degree in relevant field
Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience required
Kn owledge, Skills and Attitudes:
Knowledge of business and management principles.
Ability to direct, manage, implement, and evaluate department operations.
Ability to establish department goals, and objectives that support the strategic plan.
Ability to effectively plan, delegate and/or supervise the work of others.
Ability to lead, motivate, develop, and train others.
Department Specific Functions
1. Works with the Office of Development to identify and apply for grants and donations to fund the Shalala MusicReach program by tracking statistical and assessment information that can be used for these purposes. Writes foundation proposals in conjunction with development and create budgets. Writes government grants and budgets, work with ORA through submission and post-grant. Serves as the Principal Investigator (PI) on all grants.
2. Acts as the advocate and representative of MusicReach to attract donors and recognition for the programís achievements.
3. Works with Frost Development Director to oversee the MusicReach Advisory Board.
Department Specific Qualifications
Masterís degree in Music Education or related field. Doctorate preferred.
Minimum 7 years of relevant experience running a music-based commu nity outreach program of similar scope.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
Experience in strategic and long-term planning.
Experience in program development and management.
Proven success in raising funds through grants and donations.
Ability to communicate with colleagues, partners, and students.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Knowledge of social networking platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
Outstanding organizational skills.
Experience planning and developing concert programs.
Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Fluency in Spanish or Creole a plus.