|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
|Exe Director, Physician Compensation and Financial Alignment|
Company: University of Miami Health System
Location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 10/27/2021
Expire Date: 12/27/2021
Job Categories: Education
Exe Director, Physician Compensation and Financial Alignment|
The Physician Compensation Department has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Executive Director, Physician Compensation and Financial Alignment to work in Miami, FL.
The Executive Director, Physician Compensation and Financial Alignment will serve as an administrative leader in the development of faculty and provider compensation plans and incentives; as well as administer approved physician and faculty compensation models, faculty contracts and associated reporting. Will be expected to monitor industry trends involving physician and faculty compensation; and make appropriate recommendations and summaries to UHealth Leadership. The ideal candidate will lead planning, periodic and annual monitoring, and development efforts around aligning physician and faculty effort to the appropriate level of compensation. The incumbent will perform financial forecasting and key financial reporting as it relates to compensation plan management and other busines s needs. The person in this role will ensure physician compensation models are effective, well understood, and compliant with all state and federal regulatory requirements. This role also performs ad-hoc financial analyses as required, for example, programmatic funds flow review, break-even analyses of programs, and productivity studies.
1. Prepares compensation information for executive team, Board of Directors, and others Leadership and teams when appropriate.
2. Communicates effectively and collaborates with UHealth Compliance, Finance, Human Resources, and other departments on faculty and providers compensation matters
3. Develops budget guidelines relative to the compensation plan models; as well as, future year physician and faculty compensation and benchmarks (including planned and current faculty and physicians).
4. Develops flexible models for analysis and generation of recommendations relative to sh ift in reimbursement patterns and potential, alternative compensation models.
5. Calculates compensation portion of contracts to ensure adequate contractual support of effort.
6. Plays several key roles in faculty and provider recruitment including:
Supports leadership and Chairs in developing faculty and provider salary structures.
Provides all relevant data to the Faculty Compensation Committee and Business Planning, including revenue per wRVU, productivity by specialty, historical performance on prior recruitment plans.
Establishes strong working relationships with Chairs, Vice Chairs, MSOM Deanís office, faculty, and providers.
Ensures maintenance of proper documentation of all Physician Faculty and Provider Compensation agreements and amendments.
Develops and Facilitates information and data gathering, extraction, and reporting.
Ensures standardization and maintenance of data elements to promote efficiency of information exchange among various School of Medicine Units.
Leads creation of reporting business requirements, technical design, testing, and maintenance processes.
Provides electronic education resources, related training, and systems for staff.
Remains current with the market setting and highlights potential opportunities or problems.
Assists senior school administrators in formulating plans and policies for the benefit of UHealth
7. The Executive Director of Physician Compensation will be expected to exemplify the UHealth mission, vision and values, and act in accordance with our policies and procedures.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
Bachelorís Degree in relevant field required
Certification and Licensing:
Minimum 7 years of relevant experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
Knowledge of business and management principles.
Ability to direct, manage, implement, and evaluate department operations.
Ability to establish department goals and objectives that support the strategic plan.
Ability to lead, motivate, develop and train others.
Knowledge of generally accepted accounting procedures and principles.
Knowledge of budget control methods, policies, and procedures.
Ability to prepare financial and accounting records.
Ability to analyze, consolidate, and interpret accounting data.